What is Trap Quest?
NB: TRAP QUEST IS FREE TO PLAY! There's just some unlockable extras if you support us.
Available tiers (see here for details):
Beta Tester Patreon rate - $5 per month
Alpha Tester Patreon rate - $20 per month
Alpha Tester DISCOUNTED SubscribeStar rate (you are here) - $18 per month
NPC Creator Patreon rate - $100 per month
Join our community on Discord at: https://discord.gg/shamegames
Visit trapquest.com for news, changelogs, and to download the most recent public version of the game.
Trap Quest is an erotic text-heavy turn-based clickable-text-input roguelike game which can be run in Windows, older versions of MacOS (newer versions have to use the glitchy Gargoyle or emulate Windows) , Linux, and (to some lesser extent) Android and iOS. Its premise is that you're playing a very difficult virtual reality game and your body and mind are transformed in response to the events that happen in the game while you search for the exit.
The primary type of transformation in the game is 'bimbofication', a bimbo being a superficial person whose appearance, attire and behaviour is overtly sexually provocative. You can choose to play as male or female; for a male character this transformation can include sexual reorientation and/or actual biological transformation into a woman (depending on your game options selections) and will always include feminization, including the wearing of highly feminine and revealing clothing.
Other transformation content that can be enabled/disabled includes but is not limited to:
- Weight gain
- Extreme proportions
- Artificial enhancements (breast implants, lip augmentation, etc…)
- Air inflation
The game is built around a robust set of game mechanics that I’ve been working with the player community over 8 years (and counting) to perfect and balance, including:
- Combat (with a large variety of non-player characters, each with their own unique traits and CG art by Icarus)
- Inventory management
- Humiliation level management
- Exhaustion/health/arousal management
- Hunger and thirst
- Potions, food, and drinks with positive/negative/transformative effects
- Uncursing/blessing/durability/transformation of clothing and items
- Cravings/obsessions that get reinforced when satisfied
- Themed character classes with their own mechanics
- Allies and bosses
- An NPC favor/hostility system
- A shop system
- Interactive environments
- Optional sub-quests
- A map display that’s revealed as you explore
- A character display that depicts your current body proportions, clothing, and surroundings, and information about your current state (with six variants you can choose from)
The level layouts, crafting recipes, and loot selection and enchantments are randomized in every playthrough, making the game infinitely replayable. Playthroughs typically last between 1 and 5 hours, but your first run will take a long time as you get used to everything.
The game is designed to be very difficult. While it’s possible for your character to successfully reach the exit as the same person they were when they started, in practice this never happens. The game is designed to overwhelm and disempower you, and punish you for the compromising choices you’ve had to make. The object is to, through its mechanics, immerse you in your character's feelings of submission. This is not a game that you’re supposed to win; it’s a game that’s supposed to beat you and make that experience enjoyable.
"Ignore all that, the game is easy and completely safe! Come and play!"