Hello my dear supporters and followers!
It’s been a month since our project started and I’m very happy for the attention you paid to our project and especially grateful to everyone who decided to support our project! Your donations give us the opportunity to develop this project, and your feedback helps us to understand the problems so we can fix them. We are keen to hear your suggestions and thoughts to determine the vector of the project development.
Thank you very much!
Let’s start with the date of the next update:
I certainly would love to give you at least an approximate date, but for now it is unrealistic. We started working with a new artist to speed up the development of graphic content, and now the artist is learning the ropes and is working on scene visualization. I would be incredibly happy, if we succeed. And if we make it this month, it would be way above my dreams, but I can’t predict how this will turn out.
This is what we are working on.
Texts: Myrhail polishes all existing dialogs and texts so that they are as comfortable as possible for reading and understanding.
Interface: We are changing the design of the game menu to make it pleasing to the eye, because every detail matters!
Of the existing problems with keys - We are looking for a programmer who will help us with this, but we have the same problems so far. If suddenly there is a JS-coder among those who are following our project please contact me in the comments here or private message in Discord. Of course, this work will be paid!
Optimization: I spent a lot of time experimenting with plugins and other factors affecting fps. Although we cannot succeed in eliminating the current lighting system (because there are critical bugs in the alternative system that the plugin author hasn’t yet fixed, so we are waiting). We managed to fix the main problems with the fps drop! Therefore, now everything will work even faster!
Innovations and development road:
Development Focus: This month's work is dedicated to working at the "Drunk Hat: pub. After much deliberation and evaluation of the current budget, I decided to change the work design of the waitress job! This is a pretty monotonous mini-game with one scene so far. Not extraordinary. But! What we are doing now will drive you crazy! You might like it! As soon as some drawings are done, I will definitely share it with you.
Roleplay system: I’m currently working on an improved roleplay system design and its impact on dialogs. In this update, it will be very noticeable only in a mini-game with the work of a waitress. We want to know if you like this concept or not.
- The way Adelina will serve customers will affect the popularity of the establishment! Nobody wants to visit an establishment with impolite waiterss and slow or careless service!
- The pub will have a reputation. The pub reputation will affect the number of customers who will visit it and the chance of getting a tip, and possibly its amount.
- Variety of visitors. Pub customers will react differently to the new sexy waitress, and will desire different things. Someone just wants to drink a glass of ale after a hard shift at work, others may want something else. Be considerate to customers and they will be considerate to Adelina's prosperity.
- Variety of service. Adelina will have the opportunity to use her natural talents (communication, flirting, etc...) in different ways to serve customers and depending on the level of her skills, the result will also be different.
- All interactions in the bar will be visualized!
I hope you will enjoy the design of this mini-game. Knowing many other projects that have mini-games related to the work of a waitress, it was not easy to come up with something original that would not repeat other creator's mini-games, but would not be boring.
- The scene with the drunkard in the bar will get visualization!
- Helena Winter will be visualized and will receive a set of emotions for dialogues (small set of emotions so far, but this is only the beginning!).
Combat system: We are working on the combat system redesign to make it more interesting and diverse. It will take some amount of time, and will be presented once it is ready.
Character development tree: Once we get your feedback on the work of the waitress, we will know how to organize it in a better way.
Story: There will be no new story content in this update, but it is a goal that is under way.