Unity 3d Explorations - Furry Pinball!
My next project is a fun one - animal-themed 3d pinball! ^w^ I've been tinkering on this project during September, getting familiar with more Unity 3d concepts and workflows. It's been hella fun so far and I have lots of ideas for tables!
Why a pinball game?
- time tested casual action
- lots of creative potential (table designs and themes)
- fast opportunity to integrate my own art into a game
- easy to expand with new rules and mechanics
- I love playing pinball! <w<
Why is this a good project?
- big boost out the gate by starting with a base game kit asset
- small scope that's easy to scale (just table by table! And UI can be simple or complex)
- lets me focus on learning 3d lighting, workflows, animations, meshes, level design, builds
- in the end I can put a public build on platforms like Itch!
As a stretch goal (if there's time!) I'd like to flesh out UIs and integrate non-pinball game mechanics in clever ways. (Introducing things like collectibles, unlocks, transforming tables, virtual characters...) And of course I'll be building on the post processing stuff I learned from my terrain explorations project in August. ^w^
More discussion on Discord! See you there! <3