Dev Update #68
The work on scene 23 & 24 is still going on.
I've finished rewriting and posing Scene 23. I've also scripted it and I've sent it to my proof-reader. It got a bit bigger, and I made a few more renders than I had planned but it's done. Eve's submission scene is ready.
Starting tomorrow I will focus on posing, and probably rewriting some parts of Scene 24. It's much smaller than scene 23 as there is only one variant of Eve's love event. I hope to be done with it within the week, scripting included.
Scene 25 is mostly drafted. Once I'll be done with Scene 24, the writing of Scene 25 should be fast.
I feel like I need to improve my workflow when it comes to transforming my scenes into a script usable by renpy. Right now I lose a lot of time formatting the script line by line. It took me 6 hours to transform the 7700 words of scene 23 into a 1254 lines long renpy script. It's way too much. I think I can improve that by changing my writing habits. It's a thing I'll have to look into once I'll be done with V0.5.
The quick sum up :
- Day 5 will contain 25 scenes.
- Scenes up to Scene 24 are written.
- Scenes up to Scene 23 are posed and rendered.
- Scenes up to Scene 23 are coded.
- Scenes up to Scene 8 are proofread.
- 81 061 words. 12 472 lines of script. 955 renders are done, 955 shots are posed.
- I'm currently working on posing scene 24.
You can follow my progress with this Trello board!
Thank you very much for your support!
The Naughty Captain