Friday Update - May 7th, 2021
Hey, hey, hey, it's me again!
Despite my second vaccine shot hitting me pretty hard, I did manage to get stuff done! Among other things is the Jessica Lee redesign (which you can see above). This won't mean much to people who haven't read the character interviews, of course -- but Jessica Lee is going to be an actual character in the game itself!
The new Jessica looks a little younger, and a little less... ominous, I guess? But she uses Genesis 8.1, which is a whole new ball game when it comes to figuring out expressions. Posing a face without visemes feels wrong and awkward to me.
It's difficult for me to give a real approximation of how much work is done on Chapter Two. I see others post things like percentages, but that's hardly possible when big shifts in structure happen (like my breakthrough on the "Big Scene"). So what I can attempt to do is show what I have done and what I think I have left to do. The scene names are unofficial; they're just names I'm using to remember what generally happens. Maybe you can guess at what they mean, but I ain't tellin'.
- Scene: "Who Let the Dogs Out?"
- Scene: "It Just B Like That"
- Scene: "Trying to Cross the Border, Right?"
- Scene: "Y'all Call Back Now, Y'hear?"
- Scene: "Fairy Tail"
- New Characters designed
- Side Images for new characters
- Jessica Lee Redesign
- Area 42 Band Completion
Things In Progress:
- Scene: "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" (Rendering needed)
- Scene: "A Beautiful Mind " (Rendering needed)
- Chapter Two Lorebook Entries
- More cryptic plot hints and hidden ciphers in posts that people probably won't even look at
Things To Do:
- Scene: "Fairy Godmother"
- Scene: "Welcome to Hogwarts!"
- Scene: "Once Upon a Time in Eorzeroth"
- Scene: "The Cat Came Back"
- Scene: "Ohmigod You Guys!"
- Scene: "Teri's Eleven" (Huge scene!)
- Scene: "No, Mister Bond..."
- Chapter Two Achievements
So I guess I can... tentatively say I'm about halfway there? With more days off coming up, and the ease of some of the upcoming scenes, it could go quicker than I thought. However, I'm sticking by my policy of "don't give even a hint of a release date"! If I wanted to see people disappointed in me I'd hang out with my family.
Looking for something else to play while waiting for Mythos? Chasing Sunsets is getting its 0.3!
As I recover from this awful fatigue, I appreciate you keeping the legends alive!