Introducing a new cyberpunk erotic brothel simulator: Neon Playground
Welcome to the bowels of Sector City, one of the hubs of culture and capital in the galaxy. A city where wealthy elites, politicians, cops, bosses, pimps, and madams have long been sources of constant exploitation and abuse for our ragtag group of sex workers.
Realizing their strength in numbers, our sex heroes have decided to organize together and cooperate to create a worker-owned brothel where they can enthusiastically provide sensual and erotic pleasures. No more bosses taking their hard earned money, no more enduring the attentions of pushy and abusive clients - they’ll make their own rules now...
...in the Neon Playground!
Jonas may be a brawny burly beefcake with a bad-boy look, but he can be tender and gentle too!
- The vast majority of erotic games available today rely on discomfort and corruption style mechanics that encourage and reward toxic behavior as the player directs their character to harass and violate consent boundaries of others within the game to manipulate them into lewd behavior.
Instead, by focusing on character traits such as happiness and confidence, our game will help to demonstrate how people can grow and change as healthy sexual beings without having their consent violated. The excitement and reward of sexual fantasy need not be at odds with the idea of treating people with respect and dignity.
- Most games do not have a diverse representation of gender or body types without using negativity and/or stereotyping. We want to help change that situation by presenting a story where all people are treated with respect and care.
- Sex positivity is mainly not portrayed well in other games, especially with regard to sex workers. As sex-positive feminists, we want this to change.
Alternative relationship structures are woefully underrepresented in erotic games, and where they are portrayed, they are often contextualized as permutations of unrealistic and/or abusive “harems”.
Polyamory (and other forms of ENM) are rarely presented with any accuracy in these kinds of games, probably because most artists, developers, and writers are not familiar enough with the topic. Every person on our team is non-monogamous, and we want to tell erotic stories that make sense to us, and that reflect our lifestyles.
- We (Indecency Studios) are a leftist worker-owned cooperative ourselves, and we want to imagine and explore the ways such a business model could improve the lives and circumstances of those who love and are loved by sex workers.
- Simply put, we love porn and erotica and sex workers, and there can never be too much of that kind of content in the world!