How to integrate Discord with your SubscribeStar.adult profile
SubscribeStar.adult allows you to automate the process of giving permissions ("roles") to the members of your Discord server ("guild"). After integration Discord roles will be aligned with the subscription tiers you set up on your SubscribeStar.adult profile.
All you need is to press a single button in your profile settings. Then just follow instructions on your screen. The entire process won't take more than 5 minutes.
- Create SubscribeStar.adult profile by signing up as Star.
- Make sure your Discord Account is verified.
- Create Discord server (aka guild) if you haven’t done it yet. Find manual here.
- Make sure 2FA is disabled before integration starts (you can re-enable it later).
- Link your SubscribeStar.adult profile with the Discord account and server by clicking a lavender button in the Profile Settings as shown below:
- You will be prompted to let us connect to your Discord account:
- Next you will be prompted to let our Bot join your server.
The bot NO LONGER requires Admin role, you'll see different set of required roles. Select the server you already created and make sure all requested permissions are given to the Bot (it will allow him to manage roles, invites, users etc). Click "Authorize".
- Once bot joined the server, you need to move SubscribeStar.adult role above the others (so it can assign and manage roles for your subscribers).
Open server settings. Drag SubscribeStar.adult role above the others. Don't forget to hit "Save Changes".
- Go back to your Profile Settings Profile Settings and scroll down to the communication section, you’ll see: This means your account is connected and on your Discord server you’ll see our Bot called “SubscribeStar.adult”: Do not kick him and do not change his roles/settings! Always make sure the Bot has all required roles! If you have an issue at this stage, please make sure 2FA is disabled before you integrated the bot.
- The last step for you is to assign roles to your channels. You can optionally align your existing Discord roles with tiers by visiting your Profile Page Settings -> Tiers section (click "Edit Tier"). We do not recommend managing same roles with multiple bots, it will almost always lead to conflicts and incorrect roles assigment. If default roles are not populated yet, you might not have any subscribers yet. Create a new channel and observe the roles created by SubscribeStar.adult (SubscribeStar.adult roles usually have pink color, do not remove them!): Set permissions for the channel and at this point we are done! Subscribers from the related tier will have access to the channel. In the UI they'll see: The Discord button will allow them to connect their accounts to SubscribeStar.adult, get an invite and join your channels. Whoever unsubscribes, loses their current roles on Discord and gets “SubscribeStar.adult Unsubscribed” role. If they choose a different subscription tier, their roles will be changed according to the subscription price they have. If you add a new tier, it will appear on Discord.
We do not remove tiers from Discord as it may cause problems in subscriber access.
- If you are willing to change default role names assigned by SubscribeStar.adult to your existing roles, please navigate to tiers section under Profile Settings and click "Edit" button next to a tier where you want to assign a role.