September Update - Monthly Round Up
August feels like it's been a long month. Is it just me? Here's an update for you folks.
August Content - Now Expired
Alara turned out to be quite challenging in the end thanks to all the interactions of different elements. Now it's time for her to head to my website where you can purchase her if you missed her. LINKS TO AUGUST CONTENT ARE NOW INVALID.
Poll Winner - Shryka, Death's Spellweaver
Shryka has won the poll, meaning I'll be sculpting her this month and releasing her in October (I'll be sure to include some suitably spooky variants in time for Halloween). I'm looking forward to working on her and am having a blast coming up with more lore surrounding Death's Scythebearers. The 3rd and final Scythebearer has been added to the poll, so let's see if we can complete the set. Meanwhile, I'll be working on Shryka and streaming progress over at https://www.twitch.tv/ritualcasting so be sure to tune in.
Model of the Month - Mortaya, Death's First Lady
Mortaya was the first of my Scythebearer characters to appear in a poll. The Scythebearers are a part of the lore of my homebrew tabletop rpg setting. Life and Death are two sides of the same coin. They are not gods, they are immutable laws of the multiverse. Death has much to do and so has chosen three champions to carry out his will upon the mortal worlds. Any who transgress the laws of nature, entropy and death better beware, for the Scythebearers will surely find them. Mortaya, Death's First Lady, was the first of the Scythebearers and so I present her to you with the following content:
• 1:10 scale model of Mortaya, Death's First Lady featuring:
• 3 head options - Hood down with hair, hood down and bald, hood up.
• Magnet Wells - 6x3mm and 4x2mm round magnet wells added to all parts of the model capable of supporting them with exception of the base elements.
• SFW and NSFW - As usual SFW and NSFW versions are included along with combined, multipart, and pre-supported files for every single piece.
A note about the combined versions: Over the last few months I have began adding more options to my models and as a result I can no longer create combined versions for every permutation of the model. The logistics, management and storage of several dozen combinations is impractical and unfeasible for me to continue supporting. As a result the combined versions from this point on will be the "canon" version (in SFW and NSFW) as depicted in the original concept art.
• 4 Scythe Options - Choose the orientations of the scythes. Both forward, both backward, left forward and right back, or left back and right forward.
• Subscriber Exclusive Lightsaber options - Exclusive to the Patreon/SubscribeStar release, choose from the same orientation options as the scythes.
• 2 Leg Options - Choose from having shin guards and no shin guards.
•1:10 scale bust versions with the same options as above with additional simple and special stand options.
Note: Due to the size of the scythes the bust versions can only support both scythes facing back. Despite making tweaks to the hands it made little difference and looked horribly awkward and would have resulted in stands making the bust version as tall as the statue itself.
• 1:1 Scale Scythebearer Pendant - A pendant that marks out the wearer as a Scythebearer, gifted to them by Death himself along with their weapons.
• 1:1 Lifesize Reaper Scythe - Forged from a slither of Death's own scythe, these fearsome and wickedly sharp blades become a whirlwind of beautiful destruction in the right hands. The chosen weapons of Mortaya and the bane of those who cross the natural order.
• Texture swatch - Featuring the most prominent textures across the models to allow you to practice before committing to the model.
The Trove Update - Texture Swatches and Theseus Update
Everyone seems to like the texture swatches and I don't currently sell them so once they're gone, they're gone. So I've decided that each month will see the addition of the texture swatch from the model of the month to The Trove so you will always be able to get them.
Also I have updated the pre-supported version of Theseus so he has vent holes in place. This means you can print him straight away without having to add any holes. I plan on updating the Murder Crow as soon as time allows.
Store Update - Physical Purchases
Soon I will be putting up physical prints for sale on my website. Previously this had been difficult due to time, but my wife has spent the last 2 months learning the ropes and is going to be taking care of the physical prints. If you're interested in buying physical prints then pay close attention to my website, I'll announce once they're available.
Usual content will also be available on September 3rd (or earlier depending on the billing completion). Renders, poll sketches and Work In Progress Shots will be available on the file shares.
Thanks so much for all your ongoing support. I love you all and hope you're all doing well.