Dev Update #167


The writing of scene 19...
Is done. Mostly. I managed to trim it down a fair bit. I did cut a bit of content and rephrased some other parts. I also changed the structure of the scene so that I could reuse some parts of it across most of the variants. And I finished writing all the variants I planned. I'm not exactly happy with one of them (the hard sub path one) but I need to take a break from it. So I'm going to work on posing and rendering for a bit and I'll rewrite the hard sub variant when I'll get to that point.

I still haven't cut the scene so I'm not sure how many shots I'll need. The scene is about 11.35k words, which should translate into 375 shots. However, I may lower that number by using a few pseudo animations. A lot of these shots should be easy to pose as most of the scene is of the static discussion kind. If I don't add any fancy second-level narration or anything like that...

I barely started working on v0.6.3 and I've already wasted a lot of time on scene 19. It's a bit demotivating. I hope I won't have as many problems with the rest of that update.

The quick sum up :
  • Day 6 Part 2 will contain 8 scenes (Scenes 19 to 26).
  • Scene 19 is written. 11 356 words so far.
  • I'm working on posing scene 19.

You can follow my progress on this Trello board.

Thank you for your support!
The Naughty Captain