Dev Update #71
Writing is done. I'm posing it. I've done roughly 60% of it with about 40 shots posed. I hope to finish it this week. I'm also doing some rewriting but nothing major.
So... I should finish the posing and rendering this week. What's next? I'll need a couple of day in order to do some post-processing.
I'll then spend a few days reviewing the code, testing the game and balancing tests, conditions, values and variables.
Then a week of beta testing, just to be sure that I haven't forgotten anything.
I guess we can expect a release in the last week of January. Maybe a bit sooner if I'm particularly efficient.
I had initially planned to rework some features but I'll postpone it to a V0.5.5 version. I think you have all waited enough.
V0.5 is twice as big as V0.4 was.
It's the last time I produce a release this big.
In the future, I'll split the days into several parts so that I can release something, at least, every three or four months.
The quick sum up :
- Day 5 will contain 25 scenes.
- Scenes up to Scene 25 are written.
- Scenes up to Scene 24 are posed and rendered.
- Scenes up to Scene 24 are coded.
- Scenes up to Scene 8 are proofread.
- 87 093 words. 12 990 lines of script. 1039 renders are done, 1043 shots are posed.
- I'm currently working on posing scene 25.
You can follow my progress with this Trello board!
Thank you very much for your support and your patience!
The Naughty Captain